I need to be a member?
You don't need to be a member to try our services. Just click on "START YOUR WILL" or a "TRY IT NOW" link on our home page. But you do need to create an account if you want to purchase or continue to work on your documents. They don't have to be completed all in one sitting.


Write your Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)

Join the millions of people who have benefitted from our services

We are the #1 provider of online Wills and Living Wills for England & Wales
Happy Customers

Write your Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) in England & Wales

Specify who should control your Legal, Financial and Business affairs when you are no longer able to do so yourself

Why do you need a Power of Attorney?

If you were to ever lose capacity, or were in any way unable to handle your own finances or healthcare decisions, who would take care of things for you?

You may have bills to pay, you may need to move money, you may need paperwork to be signed. Even if you have joint bank accounts with your spouse, your spouse may be stuck without a co-signatory on important documents. A Lasting Power of Attorney names a person to act on your behalf if you were unable to make your own decisions or handle your own financial affairs.

Can I write my own Lasting Power of Attorney?

In the U.K., you can identify a person to take care of your financial and business affairs and make healthcare decisions on your behalf by setting up a "Lasting Power of Attorney" (LPA).

For a Lasting Power of Attorney to be legal in England and Wales, it must be registered with the government. There is a charge of £110 per form to do this. There is no way of avoiding this charge, and even if you use a book or online service to prepare your document, you will still need to pay this fee to make your document a legal Lasting Power of Attorney.

How much does it cost to prepare a Lasting Power of Attorney?

You should not pay any online service to prepare a Lasting Power of Attorney form. This service will be charging you for the exact same document that you can get from the government web site free of charge.

There are specific government forms, which must be used to set up an LPA. For a property and affairs LPA the form is "LPA PA". For a personal welfare LPA the form is "LPA PW".

These forms, the notes and guidance which accompany them, and all forms necessary for registering an LPA are available from the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG). They can be downloaded from the website: www.publicguardian.gov.uk or you can request copies by phoning 0845 330 2900.


What makes us the best?

How do we compare?

What is the Keyholder® Advantage?

How secure is it?

Read what our customers have to say

Join for FREE

In The News:

"Online services, like the one provided by LegalWills.co.uk are becoming more sophisticated, but are built from the same software used by estate planning solicitors."

The Money Whisperer
Emma Maslin, The Money Whisperer, PARENTING & MONEY, PERSONAL FINANCE

What They Say About Us